C & M Precision Spindle is hiring for the position of Parts Cleaner. This position leads the initial restoration and organization of machine parts, while providing support to the other members of the spindle repair team and the machine shop as a whole.
We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, and excellent potential for growth.
References are not expected but are welcome.
- Efficiently and effectively clean spindle parts; tools used in this process include sand blaster, drill, air tools, and other hand and power tools
- Maintain parts organizational system
- Maintain, clean, and organize tools and supplies as necessary
- Clean, maintain, and organize the shop as needed, including machines, floors, filters, absorbers, wash tank, air chiller, bathrooms, lights, etc.
- Receive, package, and ship spindles and other items as necessary; woodworking skills a plus for building shipping crates
- Safely operate and maintain forklift
- Occasional local pickups and deliveries
- Work under the supervision of and report to the Lead Spindle Tech
- Ensure safety for self and others is a constant priority
- Past experience with machine tool maintenance and service is desirable.
- Basic machine shop experience (experience with the following desired: grinders, mills, lathes, hand tools, drills, saws, cleaning tanks, forklift, mechanical lifts)
- Able to communicate and operate effectively and efficiently within the operations of a machine shop
- Possesses strong attention to detail and the ability to stay focused
- Must be able to take directions, read instructions, and write clearly
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Driver’s license preferred
- Invaluable training and substantial room for growth
- Health, Dental, Eye insurance (provided through ICHRA for reimbursement)
- Paid time off, including nine paid holidays
- End of the year bonus/profit-sharing plan
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% company match
- Life Insurance
- Costco Card
About the Company:
Since 1993, C & M Precision Spindle has provided spindle repair and rebuild services to machine tool owners in Oregon, Washington, and the Greater Northwest, as well as across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Our re-built and custom spindles can be found in quality shops that use CNC mills, lathes, grinders, routers, profilers, knee mills, and other precision machining equipment. With over 28 years of experience, C & M Precision Spindle provides the best service in the business.
Our goal: To make the world turn smoother one spindle at a time!