C & M Precision Spindle is hiring for the position of Spindle Repair Technician. This position uses various machining, engineering, and problem-solving skills to perform spindle analysis and repair, a specialized yet vital field with great job security.
Knowledge and experience with machine tools and precision rotating equipment are desired.
We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, and excellent potential for growth.
References are not expected but are welcome.
- Accurately document and diagnose spindle conditions in photos and writing, measuring using super precision measuring equipment (bore gauges, micrometers, height gauges, dial indicators/surface plates)
- Disassemble, organize, adjust, and track spindle parts, reassemble to .0002 TIR @ 10″
- Balance spindles to .1 mil or less using polar charts and plotters
- Perform basic machining on manual milling machine, lathes, and surface grinders
- Grind tapers: .0002 @ 10” on a 40 taper, .0002 @ 12” on a 50 taper, .0002 @ 2” on an R-8 taper
- Assemble, install, and rebuild drawbars
- Perform run ins
- Unpackage and check in arriving spindles; package spindles after repairs are complete
- Operate forklift, electric hoist robots, manual cherry picker
- Maintain organization of critical parts inventory
- Tend to the maintenance and cleanliness of the shop, tools, and equipment
- Work under the supervision of and report to the Lead Spindle Repair Technician
- Ensure safety for self and others is a constant priority
- 2 years machine shop training or 5 years spindle or closely related precision rotating equipment repair (pumps, compressors, motors, engines gear boxes)
- Past experience with machine tool maintenance and service is desirable
- Familiarity with various machine shop tools including indicators, mills, lathes, air gauges, and inspection blocks; must be able to demonstrate level of proficiency
- Familiarity with close tolerance measurement and related measuring equipment
- Capable of comprehending engineering drawings and parts list diagrams, finding notes in computers of past Jobs
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude to disassemble spindles, cleaning, and evaluating components for potential problems
- Possess basic computer skills
- Spindle knowledge preferred but not required
- Must be able to take direction, read instructions, and write clearly
- Strives for efficient and effective communication
- Self-reliant, able to prioritize and self-motivate
- Team-oriented, can work well with others
- Has high standards and seeks excellence; output should be in ten thousands of an inch, .0002 so that customers can stay within .001
- Seeks continuous improvement, growth, and learning
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s license preferred
- Invaluable training and substantial room for growth
- Health, Dental, Eye insurance (provided through ICHRA for reimbursement)
- Paid time off, including nine paid holidays
- End of the year bonus/profit-sharing plan
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% company match
- Life Insurance
- Costco Card
About the Company:
Since 1993, C & M Precision Spindle has provided spindle repair and rebuild services to machine tool owners in Oregon, Washington, and the Greater Northwest, as well as across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Our re-built and custom spindles can be found in quality shops that use CNC mills, lathes, grinders, routers, profilers, knee mills, and other precision machining equipment. With over 28 years of experience, C & M Precision Spindle provides the best service in the business.
Our goal: To make the world turn smoother one spindle at a time!